The Propcart Inventory system is designed for ecommerce, which means inventory items (props) need to be easily discoverable via search and browsing on a Propcart Pro Webstore and the Propcart Marketplace. Furthermore, we offer QR codes for scanning and looking up items on smartphones.
Our goal is to help buyers find your inventory fast and your sales staff send quotes with the least friction possible.
If you're new to Propcart, you might have had your inventory in another system that didn't offer an ecommerce website (webstore) designed for prop rentals.
The Propcart way of cataloging and organizing your inventory requires some setup work. But the payoff is that your buyers and staff will be able to find your inventory quickly on your Dashboard, your Propcart Pro Webstore, on the Propcart Marketplace, and even on Google.
We have a Quick Start Guide: Create an inventory item in case you want to get your hands dirty right away.
- How to choose a SKU format for the auto-SKU generator
- How to print QR code labels for easy scanning using any mobile device
- How to optimize your inventory for search using rankings, keyword placement, and synonyms
- How to organize your inventory for browsing with a category schema and tags
- How to crop and edit photos within the Dashboard so you don't have to use Photoshop
- How to use the master-replica relationship to save you time creating and updating duplicate items
- How to photograph your inventory and balance production quality with labor cost ROI
- How to link companion items to cross sell
- How to bulk import or update your inventory using an spreadsheet
- How to create a bundle (i.e. assembly, package or set) item with component items
- How to create accessory kits (i.e. assembly, package or set) with groups or "kits" of accessory items